Everyone desires happiness, but happiness is different for everyone. Happiness might mean being at peace, sharing with a loved one, reading a book, or enjoying traveling around the world, trying new foods, and maybe even experiencing a new culture.
Happiness is personal to everyone, but living a happier and more satisfying life is possible regardless of what true happiness is to you. Making a few simple changes to regular habits can help you get there. Habits are essential if you want to change your life.
Incorporating certain habits into your daily routine will help you improve the quality of your life and find true happiness. In this article, we discover the 7 easy ways to be happy every day and invite you to test these steps yourself. In fact, I challenge you to sincerely practice these 7 habits and prove they do or don’t work. I believe you will experience positive results rather quickly.
More than likely this will seem challenging at first, but it is worth the small sacrifice of time and investment of your energies. When we are not happy, life seems to slow us down. Like trying to run in the sand. But we can find and maintain happiness in life. Believe it or not, we were designed to experience happiness in life – not live it in fear and regret. It’s your choice to make and will reward you with many gifts.
7 Easy Ways To Be Happy Every Day
The seven easy ways to be happy every day are intended to be practiced daily. This means when we first wake up, throughout the day, as well as just before going to sleep at night. Become aware of your thoughts and squash negative thoughts when they arise. By negative, I mean anything that detracts us from our positive outlook and purpose in life.
- Expand positive self-talk. Our minds are powerful tools. What goes on in our heads, our silent thoughts, and our inner conversations impact our feelings, actions, and state of mind. Even the smallest negative thought must be replaced with a positive perspective.
Keep your self-talk as positive as possible and create positive affirmations you can say to yourself each morning. It helps to do this right when you awake, as well as just before going to sleep. By repeating daily affirmations, you are programming your mind. A happy mind leads a happy life. Energetically, this magnetizes the positive and deflects the negative.
- Create deep connections with people. Find and develop strong bonds with people you care about. People with close relations to reliable friends are happier and more secure. Building deeper relationships with people around you can provide much-needed support, love, and a source of validation that enhances your sense of self-worth.
Forget about social media for a moment, and ignore the television set. Most humans share a deep desire for companionship, friendship, and loving relationships. While it might not seem like it at times, there’s someone out there who wishes for a close friend just like you. Pick up the phone and call, visit them in person, and share together. Depth can take time, enjoy the ride!
- Appreciate the things you do have. It’s easy to get caught up in the day-to-day routine and forget to really appreciate what we have and the amazing people we have in our lives. Being appreciative is one of the best feelings that can stimulate happiness. We can do this through self-reflection as well as directly with those we care about.
When you choose to be grateful for things, remember that material objects are a bonus. Try to reflect on things like family, health, lifestyle, social circles, having a home, etc. You’ll naturally become happier and more content when expressing gratitude to the people you are thankful for. Plus, everyone loves to be appreciated. It’s simply human nature. Be sure to say their name when you express appreciation.
- Celebrate the little wins in life. Always take time to celebrate and appreciate the small victories in your life. You don’t have to wait for big wins to celebrate. Happy moments often come from small things if we choose to appreciate those moments. We can encourage ourselves every day by appreciating small wins.
When celebrating wins in life, no matter how big or small, stay focused on positivity and gratitude. This helps to keep your focus and energy positive. Those small wins add up and can counter any unhappy feelings you may be having.
- Make time to unplug, relax and exercise. We are spiritual beings, yet our bodies and minds all seem to connect to one another. Healthy eating habits, being active, and getting adequate sleep will improve your mood and give you more energy when you need it. Plus, people can sense when others are more relaxed or stressed. We are drawn to people who are positive and tend to avoid negative ones.
Unplugging from the digital realm for a while is a great start. Turn off the computers, and phones, and spend some time in silence. This can help you find renewed energy throughout the day. When we are active, eat & sleep well, try to improve our health, and mood, and love more, day by day, we become happier. It’s the balance of things that changes our feelings of happiness.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. It’s nice to feel inspired by other people’s lives and what they do. But comparing others’ success to yours is a huge mistake. Your path is yours alone. By comparing ourselves to others we diminish the value of our own experiences.
Comparing your life to another is similar to taking an exam in a class you have never attended. Rather than wasting energy and comparing yourself, focus on your journey, how far you’ve come, and what you want to do to improve your life. The sky is the limit! It’s up to you.
- Forgive yourself for past mistakes. Let go of any guilt from your past. Holding on to past mistakes doesn’t change them. And it won’t help you be happy, either. It’s actually easier to simply forgive yourself and move on from the past. Leave it behind. Simple as that. The emotional and physical freedom that comes from that is priceless and joyful.
Forgiveness is an act of love. Love yourself and let go of the guilt you may be carrying around. This act alone will require focus and dedication. Don’t allow yourself to go back to feeling guilty. Move on and allow yourself to enjoy life without holding on to things that can’t be changed. You can’t go forward if you are constantly looking behind you. However, if you have wronged someone or done something that you know is not right – be sure to try and make amends for this with the person involved. Forgiveness does not make wrong a right.
Making the effort to be happy every day is both easy and challenging at the same time. We must remember that we can achieve that which we set our minds to. It might seem difficult, but it’s not unreachable. Changing simple habits makes all the difference. Your happiness depends on you, the energy you invest, and how consistent you are in your journey to maintain your happiness.
Can you do the above 7 steps every day for 30 days?
Live your life free of holding on to that which can’t change. Take care of your emotional and physical health. Appreciate the little wins and what you have now. Above all, love the people around you. You’ll be glad you did! And so will they!
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.